Java Application Developer
Datum’s Government Solutions team is currently looking to hire a senior Java Developer. The Java Developer will provide the Total Force Training Record (TFTR) program with support to ensure system availability, integrity and confidentiality.
The developer will deliver complex content management solutions to customers and be able to work effectively both as an individual, and as part of a team that is led by the TFTR Program Manager. They will participate in the implementation of a large enterprise training record initiative and will be responsible for design and development of web solutions using several different platforms, including, but not limited to, designing and developing site structure, custom components, custom workflows, object model designs (Java APIs), implementation strategy, and unit testing.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and have an assertive yet professional demeanor, a high technical aptitude, be detail oriented, and possess strong multitasking skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Understand the client’s technical environment and how they use technology to provide the best, focused advice
- Assist clients in achieving strategic objectives through technology solution implementation
- Translating business requirements into application design and implement solutions
- Documenting application design
- Documenting application deployment environment
- Ensuring quality of code is high for themselves and other team members
- Setup and configuration of development environments
- Provide input into estimating engagement activities and execute engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM
- DoD T1 Public Trust is required – if not already cleared, candidate must be eligible
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or other IT related field or 3 to 5 years of experience in software applications development
- Ability to effectively assist with user support / reporting community questions and inquiries
- Ability to organize and execute formal training in a group setting when needed.
- Strong Java/J2EE/JSP experience – minimum or 4 years developing large system applications
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Department of Defense rules, regulation and policies (preferred)
- Expert analytical, written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Expert in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a government led MultiFunctional Team (MFT)
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines
Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Manager.
What We Offer
Datum is allows you to put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
Datum Software is an equal opportunity employer, and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.