REMOTE - Anywhere Eastern time zone
Software Engineer – Java Spring Based Middleware
Our client is looking for experienced Java/Spring middleware developers.
Skills you will need:
• Proficiency in Java 8 (or higher) in an enterprise setting
• Proficiency with Spring 4.x and Spring boot microservice applications
• Proficiency with REST/JSON & SOAP Services
• Proficiency with XML and related technologies such as XPath
• Proficiency with multithreaded server applications
• Proficiency in writing SQL queries (MySQL preferred)
• Proficiency with Hibernate/JPA
• Ability to navigate and perform basic Linux functions from a command line.
• Experience with Git (Gitlab) and CI/CD
• Experience with BDD and TDD
• Exposure to AWS and technologies such as Lambda/S3/DynamoDB is a plus
What you will do:
1. Develop, enhance Java/Spring based server applications.
2. Identify and resolve issues related to performance and operation
3. Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
4. Maintain and enhance existing Java/SQL code
Rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
Report directly to a project lead or manager.
An ample degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
Ability to dissect, reverse engineer and understand the inner workings of existing code with minimum guidance
Basic Job Function: This position exists to perform software development assignments within a software functional area. Acts as a knowledge resource to entry level and mid-level staff and provides technical leadership to small and mid-size development teams. Provides meaningful input to project plans, schedules and approach in the development of cross-functional software products. Owns and maintain applications that interface with legacy systems and databases.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
2. 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
6. Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
7. Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
8. Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.