Senior Configuration Manager
Datum Software has an immediate opening for a Senior Configuration Manager (CM). This is a contractor position located in Fairborn Ohio at Wright-Patterson AFB. Candidate must know CM processes and procedures in an Air Force environment providing direct support to a Government Program Management Office (PMO).
Candidate will serve as a Subject Matter Expert providing direction and guidance for the accurate planning and management of the maintenance program in the USAF’s Maintenance Planning & Execution (MP&E) system. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the USAF Maintenance Planning & Execution (MP&E) system; or equivalent functional knowledge of maintenance program planning/management of such items as aircraft, missiles, engines, Other Major End Items (OMEI), exchangeables, area base manufacture, software, storage, and depot maintenance requirements.
Candidate will perform the following Configuration Management tasks:
- Recommend configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer requirements.
- Plan and coordinate sustainment contractor CDRL's and configuration activities for timely review and approval.
- Maintain configuration documentations in the SharePoint and Shared Drive.
- Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency.
- Determine configuration requirements and maintain/update the CM plan, as required.
- Keep PMO staff apprised of configuration management policies and practices.
- Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate configuration discrepancies to management for immediate resolution.
- Ensure execution of the system configuration in accordance with customer needs and BES practices/phases.
Candidate may also perform the following tasks:
- Work closely with technical team who implements FIAR, FISCAM, system security, and system/data interface requirements.
- Work closely with Test/QA personnel who ensures data integrity in MP&E.
- Interact with a wide variety of personnel such as MP&E end-users, interfacing system partners, MP&E PMO, MP&E Functional community, DISA, and sustainment contractors.
- Assess planning documents and policy statements on potential impacts to the MP&E system.
- Support audits and other requests for information related to the technical and functional operations.
- Review and verify training, to include CBT, provided by the MP&E sustainment contractor to ensure it supports training needs.
- Evaluate proposals to ensure correctness, consistency, completeness, and compliance with requirements.
- Ensure the MP&E system is functioning as required after maintenance windows.
- Maintain system documents in SharePoint and Shared Drive.
- Perform SME related tasks as required such as release testing, interface monitoring, scheduling, and documentation updates.
Candidate must have:
- Current NACLC (National Agency Check with Local Checks).
- Five years functional or technical experience with USAF Maintenance Planning & Execution (MP&E) or comparable program(s).
- CM experience in an Air Force Business Enterprise Systems (BES) environment.
- Working knowledge of AF logistics systems.
- Efficient skills in MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel, and utilization of SharePoint.
Highly desired qualifications:
- Working knowledge of USAF’s depot maintenance program planning and management of aircraft, missiles, engines, software, or storage.
- Working knowledge of deployment, release, and configuration management practices.
What We Offer
Datum is allows you to put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
Datum Software is an equal opportunity employer, and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.