Senior Software Engineer:
The client is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to support our continued product suite growth
In this role you would develop a compelling cloud based product with high visibility in the Java programming language. To be successful, you must have a passion for technology and creating new and innovative solutions.
Our team works with vehicle OEM and insurance solutions that rely on vehicle driving data to provide solutions that benefit both OEM’s and carriers.
Our products utilize server solutions running from a cloud provider along with systems housed within our local data center.
This position plans and executes effective development and automation testing on the AWS platform to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data
• 5+ years of Java software engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
Top 3 hard skills:
• AWS (S3, Dynamo, items in the included list)
• Databases (Relational and non-relational)
• Development and dockerization of Java Spring boot apps
• Experience with AWS using ECS, S3, Dynamo, SQS and Lambda server less applications/microservices
• Experience using Terraform/Terragrunt for AWS resource provisioning
• Experience with TDD and/or BDD
• Github and/or code samples preferred
• Strong database knowledge including NoSQL solutions
• Rest/SOAP API definition and implementation
• Experience with build/deployment pipelines and best practices (GIT/Terraform)
• CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Git, Dynamo
• Experience working on back end systems
• Strong knowledge of process improvement.
• Strong knowledge of the software development process.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop cloud based applications
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
• Experience working in agile environment
• Interact with the Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver products and enhancements meeting product requirements and quality standards.
• Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with Development staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute AWS cloud based solutions.
• Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance development speed and product quality.
• Develop automated tests in conjunction with code to ensure product requirements and quality standards are met.
• Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of methodologies employed for the development team.