Datum Software is looking for QA Automation Engineer skillsets to join a highly innovative team that is building brand new, mission-critical software for payments.
As an Automation Engineer on a team that owns the QA Automation Tools, you’ll be focused on driving improvements to our technology stack, and collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged users to ship code continuously. You’ll get to apply your domain expertise to harmonize with our highly-scalable transactional backend system, to bring a solid, easy to use, customer-facing experience on any mobile device.
We work closely with users, designers, product managers, and other QA engineers to deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are aggressive about test coverage, refactoring, and paying off the technical debt in order deliver the highest quality user experience for the customer. We use a broad array of technologies (Angular JS, Bootstrap, Java, Selenium, Appium, RESTful API, AWS, Mobile, and IoT technologies) picking the right tool for the job at hand.
We’re looking for engineers who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems and algorithms and who love writing great code. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as [Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor], or other test frameworks.
- Familiar with XML, JSON, SOAP, and REST-based APIs.
- Professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Proven professional experience using issue-tracking software and agile project management systems.
- Proficiency in, at least, one database (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, or MySQL).
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies
- Building test infrastructures using standard automation tools that are easier to maintain and improve on.
- Work within continuous delivery / continuous release pipeline processes
- Experience with integrating and leveraging 3rd party and/or open-source technologies.
- Experience with writing Database scripts, utilities, and desire to automate routine tasks to improve developer velocity.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Creating emulators for testing protocols, QoS, and load testing the system.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Airline/Hospitality or Banking or Payments Domain will be Plus.
- Working knowledge of mobile architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience working in Performance and scalability Testing Environment will be Plus.
- Unit testing, UX/UI Testing will be Plus
- May require up to 5% of domestic/international travel across the globe on Production deployment and support.