Senior Configuration Manager
Datum has an immediate opening for a Senior Configuration Manager (CM). This is a contractor position located in Fairborn Ohio at Wright-Patterson AFB. Candidate must know CM processes and procedures in an Air Force environment providing direct support to a Government Program Management Office (PMO).
Candidate must also have a working knowledge of the USAF Maintenance Planning & Execution (MP&E) system; or equivalent functional knowledge of maintenance program planning/management of such items as aircraft, missiles, engines, Other Major End Items (OMEI), exchangeables, area base manufacture, software, storage, and depot maintenance requirements.
Candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Recommend configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer requirements.
- Plan and coordinate sustainment contractor CDRL's and configuration activities for timely review and approval.
- Maintain configuration documentations in the SharePoint and Shared Drive.
- Develop process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency.
- Determine configuration requirements and maintain/update the CM plan, as required.
- Keep PMO staff apprised of configuration management policies and practices.
- Analyze and resolve configuration problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate configuration discrepancies to management for immediate resolution.
- Ensure that the system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs and BES practices/phases.
Candidate must have:
- Current NACLC (National Agency Check with Local Checks).
- Five years functional or technical experience with USAF Maintenance Planning & Execution (MP&E) or comparable program(s).
- CM experience in an Air Force Business Enterprise Systems (BES) environment.
- Working knowledge of AF logistics systems.
- Efficient skills in MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel and utilization of SharePoint.
Highly desired qualifications:
- Working knowledge of USAF’s depot maintenance program planning and management of aircraft, missiles, engines, software, or storage.
What We Offer
Datum is allows you to put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
Datum Software is an equal opportunity employer, and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.