Quality Engineer III
The candidate chosen for this role will work alongside team members in an agile environment and apply technical, analytical, and communication skills toward maintaining, improving, and automating high quality test cases in a fast moving organization.
We are looking for keen problem solvers who can work in DEVOPS and Continuous Integration environment with proven experience in automation scripting driving efficiencies into day-to-day processes.
Team members are expected to have exceptional problem solving skills and be fluent in Selenium with Java, QTP/UFT, proven experience in creating test frameworks using Selenium, and expertise in Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC).
QA automation engineer position that will develop, execute, and roll out automation initiatives for QA test teams, that increase testing efficiency, scope of coverage, and speed to market.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field (math and statistics) required
- 3-5 years experience in automation, programming, and systems analysis
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor and strong ability to manage one’s time
- Identify areas for automation improvement and translate needs into robust, scalable, high quality solutions
- Automation script development – create, maintain, and enhance existing scripts
- Investigate, analyze, document and fix reported issues
- Maintain a high level of software/script quality
- Successfully implement test development processes, coding/scripting best practices, and code reviews
- Design and work with complex data models
- All other duties as assigned
- Proven expertise in testing tools such as Selenium2, Selenium3, TestNG, Junit, Grid, Selenium IDE, Appium, Cucumber BDD, Maven, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), and Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP)
- New development utilizing technologies such as java, python, VB, SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, linux, GIT or any other software version control, Selenium, HP ALM, Zephyr, etc.
- Proven experience in creating test frameworks using technologies above
- Experience using GitLab for source control and development
- Expertise in developing external customer functions using Description Programming with UFT
- Proven experience in test plan creation, test case design, test case review, test case execution, defect management, and preparing test reports
- Proficient using Quality Center/ALM or Zephyr for test planning, execution, and defect tracking
- Knowledge and experience using SOAP services testing and tools used such as Ready API/SoapUI Pro)
- Strong knowledge of the entire SDLC – Requirement gathering & analysis, planning, design, development, testing, and implementation
- Working knowledge of agile technologies and continuous integration/delivery
- Solve technical challenges which will result in shortening test cycles, increase product speed to market and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization
- Strong research skills
- Ability to identify cause and cure for complex bug fixes
- Good verbal and written communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources
- Roll out designed processes to augment testing efforts and contribute to CI readiness