Mid-Level DBA – MySQL with Oracle and/or other open source databases competency, DevOPS
Boca Raton, FL or Alpharetta GA or Minneapolis, MN
Be part of the client’s Database Services Team. You will be working with other top notch DBAs and Architects in a technologically diverse environment in our best-in-class enterprise data centers. You will be working with MySQL as well as some Oracle and Postgres. Be part of a team where best practices and standards are the norm and all are empowered to achieve success. Be part of a team that continually masters a high degree of collaboration and knowledge sharing and where members are able to excel in their accomplishments and realize their career goals.
Must Have Skills and Experience:
• Mid=level MySQL knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.x - MySQL certification preferred
• MySQL technical competence and experience in the following:
High Availability solutions using replication,
Backup and recovery using MySQL dumps and Percona tools [i.e., Xtrabackup]
Performance tuning, production operations & support
• Exposure working with Oracle 12C and Postgres 10.x, 11.x a plus.
• Linux Shell programming, SQL.
• 2 years using DevOPS tools. I.E., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, GitLab using one or more programming languages on bare metal and virtual environments [I.E., AWS, OpenStack, Proxmox]
• 3 years working in Linux and Unix environments - MS Windows a plus.
• Broad industry experience (3+ yrs) that include serving as a DBA in all facets of DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination
• Three years or more of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments
• Experience supporting Data Warehousing and ETL processing
• Database system performance tuning
• Self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible
• Capable of handling multiple assignments and additional responsibilities
The incumbent must support the database management system [DBMS] and all related software. Share knowledge with other database administrators on the procedures required to manage, administer, and support all development and production databases specific to his/her environment. Provide technical consultation and support to client base on database and data warehouse design and administration projects. Implement solutions based on best practices and document the configuration and deployment process for use by the DBA team. Demonstrate initiative beyond directly assigned tasks, require minimal supervision, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish objectives.