Sr. Data Engineer
Long Term Contract
2-6 years of experience required
- The ideal candidate will have deep technical knowledge of big data architecture and technology landscape, data manipulations, api consumption, ETL/ELT orchestration, business intelligence tools.
- The candidate should have excellent organizational and communication skills and feel comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- The Ops Digital Transformation team works in a collaborative, open-space environment.
- Design, implement data engineering solutions (e.g. locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in reporting, analysis, and statistical modeling to drive continuous improvement) Work with business stakeholders to define business metrics and underlying calculations Participates in program agile ceremonies and processes, including:
- Define technical task and implementation details for each User Story in the Sprint and estimate the development effort
- Estimate the story points for new User Stories
- Develop solution code to complete each technical task in an effort to close a User Story
- Develop unit tests that exercise the completed technical tasks
- Check in code to the appropriate code repository
- Perform interactive Code reviews with other team members
- Create design documentation where necessary
- Perform defect resolution and tuning based on performance and architecture recommendations from Solution Architect and Quality Assurance Leverage emerging technologies and identify efficient and meaningful ways to disseminate data and analysis in order to satisfy the business’ needs Interface with business unit leaders to develop and maintain internal customer relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in SQL (windowing functions, temporal data) Proficiency in Python (Pandas, Numpy) Working knowledge of object-oriented programming preferred
- Working knowledge of statistical/machine learning tools (e.g. SAS,R, TensorFlow) preferred
- Working knowledge of "Big Data" solutions such as Hadoop, NoSQL, MapReduce, Spark, etc preferred Working knowledge of API Consumption preferred Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills critical Experience with scaled agile highly desired
- This role family is responsible for gathering and analyzing requirements from business users in order to create various types of models representing several levels of detail. '
- Harmonizes data from multiple databases by cleaning data to eliminate incomplete, incorrect and inconsistent entries.
- Constructs, tests, and implements portions of information management solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Participates in standard business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
- Uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and/or technical problems.
- Identifies and defines processes and data, integrating it into an enterprise perspective.
- Supports project lifecycle from scoping/ planning to deployment of information management system.
- Engages in process design and implementation of information management systems, involving master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, and data quality.