Sr. Business Analyst
6 + years of experience required
The Business Analyst job family defines skills for formulating and defining system scope using information technology and industry knowledge/requirements, based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements. The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from assisting, formulating and defining systems scope and objectives to self-directed activities that result in client’s long term improvements in business processes.
- 'Provides BU Support, resolving issues not requiring extensive business / system knowledge.
- Communicates incident status / clarifies issues with business partner.
- Escalates incidents to seniors where business process and extensive system knowledge is required.
- -Resolves application incidents and problems that require app code and/or op modifications such as lower complexity software problem resolution, training issues and documentation, and data problems requiring moderate business analysis, extensive business, and/or system knowledge.
- '-Responsible for a liaison role between the business and IT services providers to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs. -Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT -
- Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs. -
- Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs prior to system go-live.
- -Schedules and communicates the system go-live date. -Develops and/or update documentations and training materials. -Ensures IT and SOX compliance is covered.
- -Documents functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill business requirements. '-
- Responsible for functional design of application systems across all technologies and platforms.
- -Translates user requirements to process and data requirements.
- -Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- -Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms. -Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies.
- -Functions as an IT advisor to the business units. -Oversees and guides the team of Business Analysts I, II