Sr.Magento Business Analyst
This position is for a business analyst who will work across IT and the Clinical Solutions business, as part of a project team delivering a global e-commerce project to be based on Magento 2. The target market for this eCommerce platform is health care professionals (physicians, nurses, etc.) globally, with an initial focus on NOAM/EMEALA.
The Business Analyst will work alongside Product Owners and key stakeholders to establish business requirements, Product Roadmaps, User Journeys and User Stories. They will lead requirements gathering with stakeholders and work with Product Owners to prioritise the requirements backlog for delivery in order to maximise value for the business.
Role & Responsibilities of the Business Analyst:
• Work alongside the Product Owners, key business stakeholders and technical teams
• Understand business processes and perform needs analysis alongside the Product Owner to support requirements gathering
• Support Product Owners in the development and creation of users stories within the Agile framework
• Assess the impact of proposed changes on both business processes and systems
• Participate in the production of functional and non-functional requirements and acceptance criteria
• Work closely with delivery teams to ensure business interests are constantly represented and to support quick decision making in an Agile environment
• Assist with producing IT estimates
• Where given the authority, act as the Product Owner
Essential Skills & Experience of the Business Analyst:
• Proven experience as a Business Analyst in an Agile environment
• Experience of working in a matrixed / multi-channel e-commerce environment
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Experience of developing and documenting User Journeys and User Stories and process maps
• A proven track record of working in sync with Product Owners, Business Stakeholders, Developers and Architects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Technical and Functional Competencies the Business Analyst will bring:
• Business analysis and requirements gathering
• Magento (ideally Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration)
• Customer Journey experience in an online / e-commerce environment
• In-depth knowledge and practical experience of Magento 2
• Jira and Confluence in an Agile environment
The current Elsevier Health e-commerce landscape consists of 12 regional websites running across 3 instances of an impending end-of-life Magento e-commerce platform (EMEALA, US and APAC).
The project has multiple workstreams, including the migration to Magento 2 and a range of initiatives improving and introducing new features and business opportunities.
This project requires an experienced e-commerce business analyst to work alongside product owners and key business stakeholders, ideally with experience of Magento 2 and migration from Magento 1.
The project team is based predominantly in the UK, France and the US. This role will be based in Philadelphia with occasion travel required to Paris and possibly the UK.
As well as working with the e-commerce technical and numerous business stakeholders, this role requires interaction with other teams across the business and close working with third party service providers and suppliers.
**Possible occasional travel to Oxford, UK or Paris, France**