Long Term contract
St. Cloud, MN
The candidate chosen for this role will work alongside team members in a semi-agile environment and apply technical, analytical and communication skills towards producing and maintaining high quality ECL/KEL queries using Big Data.
For this role, we need someone driven and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and pick up new programming languages quickly.
Our team is responsible for all Public Record Scoring customer facing ECL queries used to predict Fraud, Credit Risk, Verification, Business Verification etc.
The candidate will be working primarily on two or three different projects during the course of the contract as an ECL developer.
Experience (US only) and Education
• 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Be able to understand and analyze public record data
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
• Work with complex data models.
• Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
• JIRA with experience in GitLab
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles, and knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Ability to review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Multiple projects writing code in ECL
Top 3 Skills
1. Analytical thinker
2. SQL, previous database experience
• In person interview with manager and 2 team leads