Sr. Systems Administrator
6+ month contract position
The main responsibilities of a Senior IPswitch Messageway Administrator is to ensure platform reliability, availability, and serviceability; to provide technical expertise and guidance for both infrastructure and application teams, and design, evaluate, install, upgrade, diagnose, and performance tune IPswitch Messageway platforms.
We have a diverse computing environment. Candidates for this position must be very flexible and responsive to the changing platform. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working independently or on a team, a strategic thinker, and results-orientated. He/she should be capable of handling high risk and high visibility situations with ease. Strong overall diagnostic and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The Sr. IPswitch Messageway Administrator would provide training and feedback to the team and develop their skills.
- Install, patch, monitor, diagnose, performance tune IPswitch Messageway infrastructure.
- Provide 24x7 third-level support.
- Provide SME advice on architecture, design, and implementation of new projects and deliverables to applications.
- Follow best practice implementation process – checklist, pre/post implementation validation and checkout, exercised backout procedures for platform stability and high success rate.
- Analyze and performance tune the IPswitch Messageway platforms.
- Develop and manage monitoring / alerting/ logging rules.
- Devise automation and autonomics trigger and scripts for best performance, self-tuning, and outage avoidance.
- Participate in knowledge-sharing with peers and L1.
- Work with the vendor in root cause analysis, managing tickets, collecting doc, devising workarounds, taking corrective or preventative actions, and implementing vendor fixes.
- Abide by all requirements from Security, Compliance, and Audit.
- Keep all platforms at supported software levels and apply security patching.
- 5-10 years of IPswitch Messageway Administration
- 3-4 years developing Monitoring, Alerting, Logging rules
- 1-2 years with ServiceNow, Remedy, or other ticketing management tool
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- Expert level diagnostic and root cause determination skills.
Would be a plus:
- Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub
- Ansible/Shell/Curl/Perl scripting
- Database concepts