- Minimum 3 years of experience in installing, monitoring, and alerting using tools such as Dynatrace, Dynatrace AppMon, AppDynamics, Riverved AppInternal, or equivalent monitoring solutions on an enterprise scale • Working knowledge of the holistic monitoring of applications with drill-down on the platform layer (infra, data, middleware, apps, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of one of the container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience providing production operations support and 24/7 support.
- Three or more years of experience as a full stack monitoring engineer.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products across the organization.
- Experience multitasking multiple high priority objectives.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Databases.
- Experience monitoring Apache, OpenShift, IBM WebSphere, Java, IIS, Oracle DB, DB2, VMware, .NET, JBOSS is a plus
This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, and providing support for Application Performance Monitoring and Instrumentation. You will be responsible for defining and implementing best practices for the end-to-end delivery of the Application Performance Monitoring solution, collaborate with Enterprise Business Teams to establish application performance baselines and dashboarding on a scheduled basis.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE –
- Roadmapping, designing, building, and maintaining the operational readiness of the application monitoring.
- Ensures the successful installation, integration, and deployment of application monitoring tools and solutions in various production and non-production environments.
- Install application monitoring tools working with the infrastructure teams, and report application metrics with the goal of preventing problems and improving IT effectiveness.
- Identifying gaps in technical monitoring capabilities so they can be filled or avoided to meet project and operational needs.
- Leverage a complete set or monitoring and IT Operations tools for delivering high end application and IT Infrastructure resiliency.
- Build out Dynatrace performance and user experience measurements in the solution for all applications, especially those deemed critical in nature.
- Develop relevant internal application performance training materials and perform training for application and infrastructure teams.
- Providing subject matter expertise on monitoring for projects and implemented applications including estimating levels of effort.
- Build a process consulting workflow for all team members to ensure all applications have the appropriate level of oversight by approaching existing application owners to build a governance plan. - Partnership with Application Performance Management, Enterprise Management and Capacity Management teams to support data capture and advanced data manipulation efforts to support proactive identification of issues.
- Establish and guide the capture of performance indicator metrics
- Determine root cause and defining action plans through monitoring tools to prevent future application outages.
- Research and recommend software version, and patch levels, for monitoring products in accordance with the strategic direction of the company.
- Communicate technical and non-technical information to technical support groups, customer support centers, end-users, senior management and vendors.